Chinese browser UCWeb passes 400 million users worldwide
2012-12-14 From: The Next Web
China still remains UCWeb’s main market, as it boasts 50 percent mobile browser share in its home country, but its 25 percent share in India makes the country a sizable second market. UCWeb also says it has more than 10 percent market share in four other countries.
As part of its continued commitment to India, UCWeb is teaming up with the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) for an AppFest this week.
“We hope that by partnering with local developers here in India and leveraging our global R&D resources, we can bring localized products and a better user experience to our Indian users as well as serve our 400 million global users,” said Kenny Ye, the company’s India Managing Director.
The 400 million figure does take a bit of creative math, however, as it represents active users as of December 2012. By comparison, an earlier 300 million user figure from October was measured by monthly active users. It’s still an impressive achievement, though, especially since the company says it has picked up 100 million active users in less than a year. UCWeb revealed last month that it had more than 100 million users on Android alone.
- China’s Alibaba Group subsidiary compan
- UCWeb Launches UC Open Platform to Help D
- “We Wish To Bring Mobile Internet To Mo
- Alibaba Buys Remaining Stake in UCWeb
- CricHQ Teams with Nokia and UCWeb Inc. to
- Alibaba Group, UCWeb to Form Joint Ventur
- Here’s to the Next Milestone! UC Browse
- UCWeb overtakes Opera as India’s top mo
- UC Browser Now With Quixey's AppURL, A Cr
- UCWeb Pushes Gaming by Bringing Top Web G