Chinese browser UCWeb passes 400 million users worldwide
2012-12-14 From: The Next Web
China still remains UCWeb’s main market, as it boasts 50 percent mobile browser share in its home country, but its 25 percent share in India makes the country a sizable second market. UCWeb also says it has more than 10 percent market share in four other countries.
As part of its continued commitment to India, UCWeb is teaming up with the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) for an AppFest this week.
“We hope that by partnering with local developers here in India and leveraging our global R&D resources, we can bring localized products and a better user experience to our Indian users as well as serve our 400 million global users,” said Kenny Ye, the company’s India Managing Director.
The 400 million figure does take a bit of creative math, however, as it represents active users as of December 2012. By comparison, an earlier 300 million user figure from October was measured by monthly active users. It’s still an impressive achievement, though, especially since the company says it has picked up 100 million active users in less than a year. UCWeb revealed last month that it had more than 100 million users on Android alone.
- UC Browser Press Statement
- UCWeb Data Traffic Report: Cricket-relate
- Alibaba Group’s UC News Registers 100 M
- Alibaba’s UCWeb Enhances Focus on Conte
- Alibaba Group’s UCWeb Announces Investm
- UC News Announces UC We-Media Compensatio
- UC NEWS MOBILE CONTENT TRENDS 2016: Enter
- UC Browser crosses 100 Million Monthly Ac
- UCWeb launches New UC Browser and announc
- UCWeb launches UC News, developed exclusi