UC Browser announces availability of refreshed product version on Google Play
2017-11-22 From: UCWeb
- India’s Most Popular Mobile Browser Registers 45% Market Share as of October 2017 -
New Delhi, November 22, 2017: UC Browser, India’s No.1 mobile browser from UCWeb, a business within Alibaba Mobile Business Group, has announced its availability on Google Play from November 22. 2017. The new version of UC Browser is available for users with updated technical settings to strictly in line with Google Play’s policy. UC Browser Mini and UC News from the same group are also available online for download. UC Browser has crossed 500 million downloads on Google Play Store alone as of October 2017.
With a user base share of 45% (as per Statcounter), UC Browser is the most popular browser in India in terms of internet usage on mobile platform followed by Chrome. Indians are amongst the world leaders in terms of internet usage on mobile phones.
According to Young Li, Head-International Business Department at Alibaba Mobile Business Group, “Over the last 5 years we have been committed to providing flawless & secure browsing experience to our consumers in India and with 100 million monthly active users, we are taking rapid strides forward. During the brief absence of UC Browser on Play Store, we continued to meticulously check our technical settings while also witnessing an uninterrupted passion of our users for the product, who looked upon the alternative version, UC Browser Mini, and made it to the top of ‘Free Apps’ category on the Play Store.
Over the last few quarters, UCWeb has moved from being just a mobile browser company to a content aggregation and distribution platform focused on news and entertainment content in India, through its platforms UC Browser and UC News. UCWeb envisions itself as powerful as Google and Facebook and aims to bring the global mobile internet to an era of ‘GUF’ (Google, UCWeb, and Facebook).”
- UC Browser announces availability of refr
- UC Browser Press Statement
- UCWeb Data Traffic Report: Cricket-relate
- Alibaba Group’s UC News Registers 100 M
- Alibaba’s UCWeb Enhances Focus on Conte
- Alibaba Group’s UCWeb Announces Investm
- UC News Announces UC We-Media Compensatio
- UC NEWS MOBILE CONTENT TRENDS 2016: Enter
- UC Browser crosses 100 Million Monthly Ac
- UCWeb launches New UC Browser and announc